Thursday, April 2, 2009

Look What I Found!

I happen to love shopping at Thrift shops. It's fun to see what kind of "treasures" I can find. One of these days I'm going to write a blog about all the treasures I've discovered in Thrift shops around the country.

But right now I have to tell one of my boys about today's treasure. When I was 14 years old there was a short lived TV program called the Travels of Jaimie McPheeters. I fell in love with both the young actor (who I didn't remember was Kurt Russell until about 5 minutes ago) and the name Jaimie. He was a blue eyed redheaded all American boy on his way to the Gold fields in 1849 with his dad .

I liked the name so much I vowed if I ever had a son I'd call him Jamie (note masculine spelling). Eight years later, my son, was born. The fact that his father happened to be a James was pure coincidence.

Today, I found a first edition of Robert Lewis Taylor's Pulitzer prize winning novel, The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters.


Guess what my kid is getting for his 40th birthday this summer!


Quote of the day:

"Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world...They forget.They don't remember What it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that."
Walt Disney
(who produced The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters)





See ya down the road,
Yarntangler

4 comments:

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

When I google "Jaimie" I do see a few spellings that way. Most spell it Jamie or Jaime. How neat to find an 'old' book with that spelling. Now'll I'll have to hunt it down. They didn't have 2 copies, did they? :-)

Jaimie Hall Bruzenak

Yarntangler said...

Sorry Jaimie, it was a thrift shop after all! But I'll keep looking!

Old Newsie said...

The buyer of one of Lady B's house is named Jaimie.
Now in your thrift shopping have you yet foundd the sequal to "Mrs. Mike"?

spiritualastronomer said...

Great find!