Sunday, November 9, 2008

Here Comes Winter

It feels like the cold weather is here at last, at least at night.Last year while we were here in Kansas, it was a fairly mild season except for a week and a half in December when the Great Midwest ice storm hit. Hopefully we won't have a repeat this year.

But this year I'm better prepared. We have those storm windows you put up using a hair dryer and they seem to work very well in the motor home. It will not be quite as kaleidoscopic as the bubble wrap we used on the windows last year. Remember the special effects in the movie The Fly- the one with Jeff Goldbloom ? That's how I saw the world last December bunches of tiny little bubbles of world on the other side of the window. Not only did it make good insulation but our former feline companion, DeeCee, had hours of fun popping the bubbles.

Tomorrow morning we'll go fill up the propane tank and top off the little emergency tank as well. I've got two little electric fan for my feet so I know I'll stay warm enough.

I've pulled out my flannel sheets and winter jammies,and today I made sure I had a good stock of hot chocolate in the cupboard.

That, of course, was the most important preparation. plenty of chocolate! I'm all set. Bring it on!

See ya down the road.

Yarntangler

2 comments:

Sage Words said...

That's all well and good, but how do you plan to make S'Mores? Nothing better in the cold you know!

-Sage Words

Geezerguy said...

I think it will work out better this year...After all, bubble wrap was made for cats to play with.
-Geezerguy