Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Didn't Lie on Purpose!

When I said the last post wasn't my blog for the day it turned out I was wrong. The day went nuts after that.

As many of you know, Old Newsie is my sweet Dad and he lives in New Mexico (I'm in Tucson). Luckily, my brother CT and Sister-in-law CC live there too because they were the ones who discovered he wasn't feeling too well and took him to the ER yesterday. From there he was sent by helicopter to The Heart Hospital in Lubbock, Texas.

Right now, he's resting comfortably and I spoke to him last evening. Apparently, his blood pressure has been dropping seriously low for a few days and yesterday he began experiencing chest pains. So they are doing a chemical stress test today. If they find blockages, they'll do an Angiogram. If not, they are talking about installing a pacemaker on Monday.

I was teasing him the other night because he's been struggling to finish this month's NaBloPoMo challenge. For those of you who have never done it, you should try it some time. Just getting a daily blog posted is an accomplishment but having to try to do it on a theme each time can really be a stretch. I told him I had faith in him and he'd figure out a way to earn his second I Did It badge.

Well, this was not what I had in mind! If you go to
Newsie's Lucid Moments, you'll note that - ever the conscientious Newsman - Dad posted both Thursday night and Friday morning - when he wasn't feeling well at all.

I just spoke to him a minute ago and he has found a way to deal with today's blog entry even though his computer is back at the house. I hope everyone who reads mine today will check in with him for the next few days and leave him a message. It would cheer him up a lot.

Thanks Friends,
Yarntangler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to check his out next. We are praying for him daily. I have had all those tests done, some more than once. I am sure he will come through this like the trooper Newsie he is.